Last Published: 12/6/2006 9:29:46 AM
KANSAS CITY COMMITTEE RECORD
 
Upon Roll Call the following members were present:
Present:4 - TERESA LOAR, JIM ROWLAND, EVERT ASJES, ALVIN BROOKS
 

990537
Authorizing a one year $440,422.00 agreement with the Metropolitan Ambulance Services Trust (MAST) to provide the Kansas City International Airport with a dedicated ambulance and services and appropriating $440,422.00 for this purpose.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Thomas Maddox, Deputy Director of the Health Department, testified on behalf of this ordinance. This ordinance would authorize a renewal contract with Metropolitan Ambulance Services Trust (MAST) with the Kansas City International Airport (KCI). This ambulance service will be stationed at the KCI airport. A portion of the funding ($309,060.00) comes from the Aviation Public Safety Fund and $131,362.00 will come from the General Fund. The reason for the split in funding was because 65% of the time the ambulance service was stationed at the airport. The other 35% of the time the service was stationed elsewhere. There will be an ambulance service vehicle at the airport at all times now. When one leaves another will be its backup. The money for the cost of this ordinance will come from the operating funds from the airlines and from users of the airport.
Ayes: 4 - Loar, Rowland, Asjes, Brooks
Nays: 0

990571
Authorizing a $42,601.00 contract with Midland Wrecking, Inc., for Project No. S59 - Demolition of Building No. 422 at Richards-Gebaur Memorial Airport and the expenditures of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $44,601.00.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Phil Brown, Acting Director of Aviation, testified on behalf of this ordinance. This ordinance would authorize demolition of a building at the Richards Gebaur-Airport. The building is dangerous to the area. It is directly off the golf course. Some of the people climb the fence to recover lost balls. Aviation would like it brought down for safety purposes.
Ayes: 3 - Loar, Rowland, Brooks
Nays: 0