KC Skyline

City Clerk Web Search

Search the Ordinances:

Printer Friendly Minutes
Last Published: 10/26/2004 3:40:55 PM
KANSAS CITY COMMITTEE RECORD
 
Upon Roll Call the following members were present:
Present:3 - BILL SKAGGS, ALVIN BROOKS, BECKY NACE
Excused:1 - SAUNDRA MCFADDEN-WEAVER
 

041094
Authorizing a Lease with The Rock of KC Church at the Kansas City International Airport.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "ADVANCE AND DO PASS, DEBATE"
Mr. Van Loh, Aviation Department, testified that the ordinance before the committee would allow a lease agreement with The Rock of KC Church at the Kansas City International Airport. The lease will give The Rock of KC Church a 28 month term lease for KCI property at 10801 N Amity Ave, the interior space is 27,137 sq. ft. the exterior space is 321,550 sq. ft. There was no further discussion.

041095
Authorizing execution of the Amended and Restated Use and Lease Agreement (Airfield Only) with Pinnacle Airlines d/b/a Northwest Airlink at Kansas City International Airport.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Mr. Van Loh, discussed the amending of a lease agreement with the Pinnacle Airlines d/b/a Northwest Airlink. This ordinance would authorize the use of the original use and lease agreement as of April 30, 2005.

041105
Authorizing a lease with G & T Conveyor Company, Inc., at Kansas City International Airport.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Mr. Van Loh, Aviation Department, testified about a lease with G&T Conveyor Co. Inc. The lease will give the company a 2 year lease for 1100 plus sq. ft. of Preferential apron level office space in Terminal C. The revenue that would be generated is $22,907.41

041113
Authorizing the purchase of a parcel of land identified as Tract No. 57 in Kansas City, Platte County, Missouri, for airport development, and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $500,000.00 and acceptance of a Warranty Deed conveying title thereto.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Mr. Van Loh stated that the ordianance authorizing the purchase of a parcel of land identified as Tract No. 57 in Kansas City, Platte County, Missouri, for airport development, and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $500,000.00 and acceptance of a Warranty Deed conveying title thereto.

041151
Authorizing a $1,619,908.25 Amendment No. 4 to an Agreement with TranSystems Corporation for Project No. 19900K01 - Rehabilitate Runway 1-19 and Airfield Electrical at Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $1,781,899.25.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Mr. Van Loh, Aviation, explained that the ordinance would authorize a 1,616,890.25 agreement with TranSystems Corp. It would rehabilitate runway 1-19 and airfield electrical at the Charles Wheeler Downtown Airport. Grant funding would cover 95% of the cost the remaining 5% will be funded by airport funds.

041154
Authorizing a $7,959,884.08 contract with Loch Sand and Construction Company for Project No. 20010122 - Extend Taxiways B & D at Kansas City International Airport and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $8,783,237.08.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Mr. Van Loh explained that the project was to extend two taxiways B & D at KCI Airport and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of 8,783,237. Taxiway B would extend 2,106 feet to the south and taxiway D would be extended 978 feet to the west. There would be 15 inches of Portland cement concrete, 11 inches of econocrete and 6 inches of crushed aggregate base course. These improvements will make for safer landing and take off.

041155
Authorizing a $760,280.00 Amendment No. 3 to an Agreement with HNTB Corporation for Project No. 19960C07 - Rehabilitate Taxiway B and Project No. 20010122 - Extend Taxiway B & D at Kansas City International Airport and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $836,308.00.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
Olive Johnson, Human Relations, explained the wbe/mbe requirements and results for this project. This ordinance relates to the previous ordinance and one other 041157.

041157
Authorizing a $17,321,500.06 contract with Loch Sand and Construction Company for Project No. 19900K01 - Rehabilitate Runway 1-19 & Airfield Electrical System at Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport and the expenditure of previously appropriated funds in the amount of $19,104,193.06.


AVIATION COMMITTEE recommends "DO PASS"
This item is a companion to 041155 and there was no further testimony.