ORDINANCE NO. 130547
Reducing appropriations in the
amount of $170,000.00 in the Capital Improvements Fund; appropriating that
amount to the Main Street Bridge over I-670 account; authorizing a contract
with Pyramid Contractors, Inc. for approximately $2,750,000.00 for the Main
Street Bridge over I-670 project; and recognizing an emergency.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE
COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:
1. That the appropriation in the following account of the Capital Improvements
Fund is hereby reduced by the following amount:
Forrester Viaduct $170,000.00
2. That the sum of $170,000.00 is hereby appropriated from the Unappropriated
Fund Balance in the Capital Improvements Fund to the following account:
Street Bridge over I-670 $170,000.00
3. That the Director of the Public Works Department is hereby authorized to
execute a $2,748,846.15 contract with Pyramid Contractors, Inc. for Project No.
89005560 – Main Street Bridge over I-670. A copy of the contract is on file in
the Public Works Department and is incorporated herein by reference.
4. That the Director of the Public Works Department is authorized to expend
the sum of $3,068,730.77 from Account No. 14-3090-898037-B-89005560.
5. That this ordinance, relating to the design, repair, maintenance or
construction of a public improvement, is recognized as an emergency measure
within the provisions of Section 503(a)(3)(D) of the City Charter and shall
take effect in accordance with that section.
hereby certify that there is a balance, otherwise unencumbered, to the credit
of the appropriation to which the foregoing expenditure is to be charged, and a
cash balance, otherwise unencumbered, in the treasury, to the credit of the
fund from which payment is to be made, each sufficient to meet the obligation
Randall J. Landes
Director of Finance
Approved as to form and legality:
Nelson V. Munoz