Printer Friendly Version
ORDINANCE NO. 020654
a $1,398,957.00 contract with Western Summit Contructors, Inc. for Contract No.
783 Emergency Primary Clarifier Repair and Replacement at the Westside
Wastewater Treatment Plant and authorizing expenditure of $1,468,957.00 in
funding therefore; estimating revenue in the amount of $2,903,600.00 and
appropriating funds in the amount of $5,279,273.00 to reflect grant and local
match funding of the improvements project; and declaring an emergency.
two primary clarifiers at the Westside Wastewater Treatment installed in 1964
have experienced structural failure due to age and deterioration leaving only
one remaining primary clarifier of the same age; and
this condition presents an immediate threat to public health and safety; NOW,
IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:
1. That a $1,398,957.00 contract between Kansas City, Missouri, through its
Director of Water Services, and Western Summit Constructors Inc. for
construction of emergency primary clarifier repair and replacement at the
Westside Wastewater Treatment Plant is hereby approved and confirmed. A copy
of said contract is on file in the office of the Director of Water Services.
2. That the revenue in the amount of $2,903,600.00 representing the amount of
funds awarded in Special Assistance Grant No. XP 98702601 is hereby estimated
in the following account of the Sewer Fund:
EPA CID Special Needs Grant
3. That the sum of $2,903,600.00 is hereby appropriated from the
Unappropriated Fund Balance of the Sewer Fund to Account No. 03-811-080-7007-T
Central Industrial District EPA Grant.
4. That the balance in Account No. 03-811-080-7799-T Capital Reserve Account
is hereby reduced by the sum of $2,375,673.00.
5. That the sum of $2,375,673.00 is hereby appropriated from the unappropriated
fund balance of the Sewer Fund 811 to the following account:
Industrial District Local Match $2,375,673.00
6. That the Director of Water Services is designated as requisitioning
authority for Accounts Nos. 03-811-080-7007-T and 03-811-080-7008-T.
7. That the Director of Water Services is hereby authorized to expend up to
the sum of $1,468,957.00.00 from funds previously appropriated to the following
accounts in the following amounts to satisfy the cost of Contract No. 773
CID EPA Grant $
8. This ordinance is declared to be an emergency measure under the provisions
of Article II, Section 15 of the Charter of Kansas City because it is necessary
for the immediate preservation of public property, health and safety and shall
take effect in accordance with that section.
hereby certify that there is a balance, otherwise unencumbered, to the credit
of the appropriation to which the foregoing expenditure is to be charged, and a
cash balance, otherwise unencumbered, in the treasury, to the credit of the
fund from which payment is to be made, each sufficient to meet the obligation
as to form and legality: