Printer Friendly Version
ORDINANCE NO. 981468
a $126,840.75 contract with E.B. Cooper Construction, Inc., for reconstructing
60th Street from Cypress Avenue to Elmwood Avenue including sidewalks, curbs,
driveway entrances and appurtenances; authorizing expenditure of $2,000.00 for
adjustments of water facilities necessitated by the construction; authorizing
the Director of Public Works to expend $142,000.00 in funds appropriated herein
for the project; and appropriating $317.00 to the Youth Employment Fund.
IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:
1. That the work of constructing a street improvement on 60th Street from
Cypress Avenue to Elmwood Avenue, consisting of sidewalks, curbs, paving, and
other necessary appurtenances, as part of the Public Improvements Tax Year 13
Projects in Council District 5, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, Project
No. 1296, is hereby provided for and authorized.
2. That the work shall be done in accordance with the plans, specifications
and the contract therefore between Kansas City, Missouri, through its Director
of Public Works, and E.B. Cooper Construction, Inc., a Missouri corporation, in
the amount of $126,840.75, which contract is hereby approved and confirmed. A
copy of the contract is on file in the office of the Director of Public Works
and is incorporated herein by reference.
3. That funding in the amount of $2,000.00 for the adjustments of water
facilities necessitated by the 60th Street project and included in the contract
therefor, will be provided from Water Fund Account No. 99-801-080-7701-T.
4. That the Director of Public Works is hereby authorized to expend the sum of
$142,000.00 from funds heretofore appropriated to Account No. 99-309-089-6504-T
as and for the balance of consideration in the aforesaid contract and
engineering, administration and inspection in connection therewith.
5. That the appropriation in the following account of the Capital Improvement
Fund is hereby reduced by the following amount:
& Sidewalk Construction - CD-5 $317.00
6. That the sum of $317.00 is hereby appropriated from the Unappropriated Fund
Balance of the Capital Improvement Fund to the following account in the Capital
to Youth Employment Fund $317.00
7. That the revenue in the following account of the Youth Employment Fund is
hereby re-estimated in the following additional amount:
from Capital Improvement Fund $317.00
8. That the sum of $317.00 is hereby appropriated from the Unappropriated Fund
Balance of the Youth Employment Fund to the following account in the Youth
Percent for Youth Employment Fund $317.00
9. That the Director of Finance is hereby authorized to transfer $317.00 from
the Capital Improvement Fund to the Youth Employment Fund.
hereby certify that there is a balance, otherwise unencumbered, to the credit
of the appropriation to which the foregoing expenditure is to be charged, and a
cash balance, otherwise unencumbered, in the treasury, to the credit of the
fund from which payment is to be made, each sufficient to meet the obligation
as to form and legality: