KC Skyline

City Clerk Web Search

Search the Ordinances:

Legislation #: 180121 Introduction Date: 2/15/2018
Type: Ordinance Effective Date: 3/23/2018
Sponsor: None
Title: Authorizing the City Manager to accept a two year grant in the amount of $190,742.17 from the United States Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women; estimating revenue and appropriating $190,742.17 in the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund; appropriating $60,580.72 from the Contingent Appropriation Fund to the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund; and recognizing an accelerated effective date.

Legislation History
DateMinutesDescription
2/15/2018 Filed by the Clerk's office
2/15/2018 Referred to Neighborhoods and Public Safety Committee
2/21/2018 Advance and Do Pass, Debate
2/22/2018 Passed

View Attachments
FileTypeSizeDescription
180121.pdf Authenticated 93K Authenticated
fact sheet-vawa.docx Fact Sheet 23K fact sheet

Printer Friendly Version

ORDINANCE NO. 180121

 

Authorizing the City Manager to accept a two year grant in the amount of $190,742.17 from the United States Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women; estimating revenue and appropriating $190,742.17 in the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund; appropriating $60,580.72 from the Contingent Appropriation Fund to the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund; and recognizing an accelerated effective date.

 

WHEREAS, the STOP (Services Training Officer Prosecutors) Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program, encourages development and strengthening of prosecution strategies to address violent crimes against women and the development and strengthening of victim services in cases involving violent crimes against women; and

 

WHEREAS, the State of Missouri has awarded the City a VAWA grant to fund 76% of the costs for one full-time and two part-time Assistant City Prosecutors to process and prosecute charges of domestic violence in Municipal Court, contingent upon the City funding the remaining 24% of the costs; NOW, THEREFORE,

 

BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:

 

Section 1. That the City Manager is hereby authorized to accept a two year Victims of Crime Act Grant from the United States Department of Justice, Office on Violent Against Women in the amount of $190,742.17.

 

Section 2. That the revenue in the following account of the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund is hereby estimated in the following amount:

 

18-2470-130001-471240 Law Grant Revenue $ 190,742.17

 

Section 3. That the appropriation in the following account of the General Fund is reduced by the following amount:

 

18-1000-179990-619960 Contingent Appropriation $ 60,580.72

 

Section 4. That $60,580.72 is appropriated from the Unappropriated Fund Balance of the General Fund to the following account:

 

18-1000-129998-902470 Transfer to the Domestic Violence

Shelters Operation Fund $ 60,580.72

 

Section 5. That the revenue in the following account of the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund is increased by the following amount:

 

18-2470-120000-501000 Transfer from the General Fund $ 60,580.72

 

Section 6. That $251,322.89 is appropriated from the Unappropriated Fund Balance of the Domestic Violence Shelter Operations Fund to the following accounts:

 

18-2470-132031-A VAWA Grant $ 251,322.89

 

_____________________________________________

 

I hereby certify that there is a balance, otherwise unencumbered, to the credit of the appropriation to which the foregoing expenditure is to be charged, and a cash balance, otherwise unencumbered, in the treasury, to the credit of the fund from which payment is to be made, each sufficient to meet the obligation hereby incurred.

 

 

___________________________________

Randall J. Landes

Director of Finance

 

Approved as to form and legality:

 

 

___________________________________

Abby Pennell

Assistant City Attorney