ORDINANCE NO. 981356
a $2,380,000.00 agreement with Black & Veatch for Contract No. 7256 Design
Phase and Construction Phase Engineering Services for Phase II Jackson-Cass
Regional Transmission System; and appropriating funds in the amount of
IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:
1. That the Director of Water Services is hereby authorized to execute, on
behalf of Kansas City, a $2,380,000.00 contract with Black & Veatch for
Phase II Jackson-Cass Regional Transmission System design phase and
construction phase engineering services. A copy of said contract is on file in
the office of the Director of Water Services.
2. That the balance in Account No. 99-804-080-7703 Water Main Const/Rehab is
hereby reduced by the sum of $2,665,600.00.
3. That the sum of $2,665,600.00 is hereby appropriated from the
Unappropriated Fund Balance of the Water Refunding and Construction Bond Fund
804, Series 1998A&B to the following account:
Trans Main Ph II $2,665,600.00
3. That the Director of Water Services is further authorized to expend up to
the sum of $2,665,600.00 from funds appropriated above to satisfy the cost of
this contract including contingencies and staff engineering and administration.
4. That upon completion of the final costs of this contract the Director of
Finance is hereby directed to return the unexpended portion of this
appropriation to the Unappropriated Fund Balance from which it was derived.
hereby certify that there is a balance, otherwise unencumbered, to the credit
of the appropriation to which the foregoing expenditure is to be charged, and a
cash balance, otherwise unencumbered, in the treasury, to the credit of the
fund from which payment is to be made, each sufficient to meet the obligation
as to form and legality: