FOR ORDINANCE NO. 051424
preliminary plan for an area of approximately 1.92 acres of land generally
located at 10500 N.E. Cookingham to allow for the expansion of an existing
convenience store. (6158-CP-17)
BE IT ORDAINED
BY THE COUNCIL OF KANSAS CITY:
Section A. That a preliminary
plan for an area of approximately 1.92 acres of land generally located at 10500
N.E. Cookingham, legally described as:
Lot 1 and
Tract A, Replat of Highland Park Business Center First Plat, a subdivision in Kansas City, Clay County, Missouri, containing approximately 1.92 acres.
is hereby approved subject to the
1. That the developer submit 5 additional copies of the plan and
acetates that show a walkway along the entire frontage of Missouri Route A as
required by MODOT.
2. That the developer submit new or update the previously
approved macro storm drainage study for the overall development to address the
development amendments along with a detailed micro study for approval prior to
approval of the next plat and make necessary improvements as required by
3. That the developer obtain the grading consents, and all
grading, temporary construction and drainage/sewer easements from the abutting
property owner prior to submitting any public improvements.
4. That the developer secure permits to construct or reconstruct
existing sidewalks, curb, gutter, storm sewers, and streetlights as necessary
along all development street frontages, as required by the Department of Public
Works, prior to recording the next plat.
5. That any relocated streetlights be integrated into the
existing street light system as required by Development Services and the
Missouri Department of Transportation along State frontages.
6. A permit from the Missouri Department of Transportation is
required prior to working within any State highway right-of-way.
7. That the developer submit plans for grading, siltation, and
erosion control to Development Services for approval and permitting prior to
beginning any construction activities.
8. That the developer secure a site disturbance permit from
Development Services prior to beginning any construction, grading, clearing, or
grubbing activities, if the disturbed area exceeds one acre.
9. That the developer extend sanitary sewers and provide a storm
water conveyance system to ensure individual service is provided to all
proposed lots and determine adequacy as required by the Department of Public
10. That the developer provide fire protection as required by the
11. That the developer submit covenants, conditions and
restrictions to the Law Department for approval for the maintenance of private
open space and enter into a covenant agreement for the maintenance of any
stormwater detention area tracts.
12. That the developer submit a final plan to the City Plan Commission
for approval, showing grading, landscaping, berming and screening, building
elevations and a photometric study showing zero footcandles at the property
13. That the developer enter into a secured deferral agreement for
the construction of a sidewalk on the north side of Missouri Route A along the
frontage of the site if permitted by the Missouri Department of Transportation,
when A Highway is reconstructed or within five years.
14. That the developer apply for a variance from the Board of
Zoning for the encroachment of the fuel island canopy over the platted building
line, if required by the City Development Department.
A copy of said
plan is on file in the office of the City Clerk with this ordinance and is made
a part hereof.
Section C. That the Council finds and declares that before taking any
action on the proposed amendment hereinabove, all public notices and hearings
required by the Zoning Ordinance have been given and had.
I hereby certify that as required by Chapter 80, Code of Ordinances, the
foregoing ordinance was duly advertised and public hearings were held.
City Plan Commission
as to form and legality:
Margaret Sheahan Moran
Assistant City Attorney